Thursday, December 16, 2010

.dressing for the holidays part two: work christmas party.

If you're going out with your co-workers as I am this year to celebrate Christmas, then here are some outfit suggestions.  Our staff (which it is funny to call us co-workers, because they truly are my extended family), will be going out to a nice dinner in downtown Indianapolis so this occasion for blogging stemmed from my need to find something to wear for the party!  I guess I'm basically blogging for myself, but hopefully you'll find this helpful for your corporate party.

I love an excuse to get dressed up, so I think this outfit should consist of:
A printed, or bold dress
A long, dressy cardigan (because it's cold, and you're with your co-workers, let not get racy here)
A skinny belt around the outside of the cardigan
A statement necklace (my favorite of accessories)
A statement bracelet (get blingy, it's a party)
Thick Tights (as in, not "see-through")
HEELS (preferably metallic or patent leather)

Here are some examples: (note that the first option of each article of clothing will be for the budget-less, and then the second option will be for women who need to get more creative with the budget, and convincing their husbands into the necessity of holiday outfits!  :)

Winter Rose Bustier Dress
for the girl with no budget! (or you could find something in the sale section of JCREW that is comparable to this... that's what I did!



Motel Another Rose Print Dress
for the girl on a budget :) this is a STEAL!



Cashmere Open Cardigan in Black from JCrew





Infinity Cardigan in Heather Carbon from JCrew
NOW ON SALE! :) and take an additional 30% off the sale price!


Joan & David Flipp in Black Patent via Piperlime
I cannot handle these shoes!  I'm in love!


Franco Sarto Napoli in Black Patent via Piperlime
Really close to the other pair... and a great price!  Plus, Franco Sarto's are normally very comfortable.

ACCESSORIES:

Black Double Studded Belt





Opaque Black Tights via Anthropologie


Crystal Bloom Necklace




All Sparks Necklace


Isis Bangle 


Metal Wrapped Chain Cuff


FYI:  All sale items at JCrew are currently an ADDITIONAL 30% off the sale price and all sale items and Anthropologie are currently an additional 25% off the sale price.  HAPPY SHOPPING!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete