Thursday, December 23, 2010

.my first christmas party.


As you know, Casper and I are from Michigan, so we spend the Holidays back in the snow filled mitten with our fellow Michiganders.  Most years, we leave for the holidays so early that we don't really get to enjoy our home and our decorations.  Well, this year we decided to host our first Christmas party so not only did we got a chance to enjoy the holiday cheer that is exploding from our house, but our friends could also come and share in the festivities of the season.  I co-hosted this party with my dear friend Rachael, as she hates the decorating part and I hate the baking treats part... so we make a great team.  All together we had about 20 - 25 people in our house, and I felt like I was on cloud nine the whole time from how nice it felt to have a warm and FULL house for the holidays!  Enjoy a peak into our little party...

Here are the place cards I made for the food for the party... they were super fun to make, I just cut little triangles and hand stitched them to cards like they were flags... I also just stitched lines into the cards with red, silver, and green thread!




As I mentioned, Rachael baked most of the sweet treats... and they were very good!  I stuck to making the hot appetizers which were Goat Cheese Croustades and Brie & Pear Crostini with mixed greens.  The food was soooo yummy!





OH, and I almost forgot... I DID bake something... and not just something, but a VERY special recipe that my mom has refused to share with me until now... it's her FAMOUS Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake!  It was my first attempt, and I'm really proud of how it turned out.  Still not as good as my moms though!


Here are some more photos of the amazing night that ensued... we feel so blessed to have such wonderful friends!










Oh, and here is a little look at how the decorations look at night :)




No comments:

Post a Comment