Tuesday, March 29, 2011

.my current food love affair.

I get on kicks a lot. it's a part of my "all or nothing" personality.  I fixate on things...if I find something I love, I obsess over it. a bit extreme? sure. 
so my current kick, obsessions, love affair...whatever you want to call it, is: arugula and parmesan reggiano.  yep. love em'.

I love these individually, or collectively.  I love them raw, sautéed, as a garnish, as a main, on sandwiches, in salads, with eggs... I'm literally trying to work these two ingredients into everything I eat. I'm crazed.

so today for lunch, I had an arugula salad with raw pecans, a fresh pear (cubed), and shaved parmesan reggiano.  I made a dressing with the juice of 1/2 a lemon, 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar and fresh ground pepper.  yum.

well, lunch wasn't enough to satisfy my craving so for dinner tonight I had an open faced runny egg sandwich on multi grain toast with (you guessed it) arugula and parmesan reggiano... all topped with fresh ground pepper.  not only was this a super tasty dinner, it only had 365 calories and that includes the half of banana i had for dessert! 

anyone who says eating healthy is difficult because healthy food is bland and unflavorful...I'd beg to differ!  Since I started being conscious of what I put into my body over the last 3 years, I have had better food and more enjoyable flavors than ever before.  I'm so thankful for food that is not only good for you, but tastes amazing as well!  cheers to flavor and health! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment